Hello Friends! Today I want to share with you guys few things about Hair rebonding /Straigtening.
I had got rebonding done from naturals salon almost 3 times with a gap of 1 year and the 4th time I got straight hair
therapy done from Lakme salon.
Now the question is…
Why I wanted to rebond/straighten my hair?
1)First and foremost thing why I went for straightening is “I HATE FRIZZY HAIR“.
2)Using straightner is really time consuming and it won’t last more than a few hours, On top of that you are damaging your hair slowly with the heat.
3)Maintenance is easy. You can literally wake up from bed and go out without combing your hair 😀
which is pretty amazing right ?:)
4)No more bad hair days till one hair growth.
I’ll share my hair rebonding and straight therapy experience.But before that I want you guys to know few things about hair rebonding.
What exactly is hair rebonding?
In short “It is a hair-styling technique which involves chemical hair treatment that makes your hair straight, and super shiny“.
So the next question is how can you get this super shining and straight hairs from rebonding??
Every person has a natural bond which results in our physical hair structure.
So as you know my hair bond is wavy and frizzy , yours might be curly or straight. For hair rebonding they use chemical cream softener which breaks the hair structure.
Post this a neutralizer is used which bonds the hair structure again and voila it results in straight hair. 🙂
This stays for one hair growth after which a touch up for newly grown hair is required.
The before and after results will be something like this
Hair Rebonding tedious process.
1. Firstly hair is washed with shampoo.
2. Hair is blow dried.
3. Hair is separated into multiple small sections and cream softener is applied through the length of hair.
4. The cream softener or relaxant is applied to every hair strand, keeping it straight. A thin plastic board is used to keep hair straight.
5. Cream softener is kept for 30 to 45 mins depending upon hair type and then it is rinsed off.
6. After rinsing the cream a flat iron is used to straighten each strand of hair which is time consuming.
7. Post hair straightening neutralizer is applied to set the bonds.The neutralizer is kept for 15 to 30 mins. It is then rinsed off with cold water.
9. After this a hair mask is used for condition only if your hair is damaged and you have opted for straight therapy otherwise this step is skipped. This hair mask is kept for 10 to 15 mins and then rinsed off.
Hair will be straight and shiny after this. Won’t look that good till you get your first hair wash .. So don’t be dissapointed 🙂
well this is not the end 😦 You need to be really careful for another 3 days.
Things to keep in mind after hair rebonding(You will be waiting for these 3 days to end seriously )
1. Please Don’t wash your hair for minimum three days or 72 hours. This is the setting period of your hair bonds.
2. Don’t clip your hair, tie a rubber band ,hair band and hair accessories for three days. If you do then your hair will get that hair curves. So please be careful not to dent your hair with bands and hair accesories.
3. Even putting hair behind your ears is not allowed as it dents your in that shape which can stay permanently.
After 3 days you can wash and condition your hair . (YAY FINALLY)
How to take care of rebonded hair:
1. Make use of shampoo and conditioner for straight hair.
2. Apply a hair serum after drying hair. This is optional.
3. I was told to oil my scalp and and not to keep for long time. As your hair is chemically treated.
4. Another important thing is to go for hair spa regularly. Please don’t miss this step.
5. Consume a balanced diet.
6. Drink lots of water.
Why I went for straight therapy from Lakme after hair rebonding?
My hair was badly damaged as I had not taken proper care after rebonding. I had missed taking hair spa which is mandatory as you have treated your hair chemically, your hair strands would have become weak and dry.
In order to boost and make your hair strands strong hair spa is very much necessary. Also, I was straightening my hair using straightener on top of this which had damaged my hair and resulted in lot of hair loss.
Hence,I was suggested straight hair therapy from hair stylist. They follow the same steps as hair bonding but the cream and neutraliser which they use is different and gives much more natural look to the hair and also helps the damaged hair.
Hair rebonding cost : Around 10k for below shoulder length
Straight Therapy cost : Around 13k for below shoulder length
Overall I had good experience with hair rebonding as it helped me getting my dream hair. But please don’t neglect and take care of your hair otherwise you might end damaging your hair.
Also, go for hair straightening only if you are ready to spend 2 to 3 k every month for hair spa ,shampoo and conditioners.
Please feel free to comment below if you have any more queries. 🙂